Chiropractic Care is the Answer to Your Sciatic Nerve Pain
If you have ever experienced back pain and sciatica, chances are you will not soon forget the pain you experienced. Dr. Falkenroth and his team at Back Pain and Sciatica Clinic are experts in diagnosing the source of your pain and treating it to provide relief. From there, we will develop a treatment plan that ensures exemplary health and wellbeing. Our chiropractor has years of experience providing relief to patients in Santa Cruz, CA, and the surrounding areas.
What is Sciatica and What are the Symptoms?
According to the Mayo Clinic, Sciatica describes a pain that starts in your lower back and spreads down through the hips, buttocks, and down one leg or the other (it typically only affects one side). Some of the main causes of sciatica include herniated discs, bone spurs, and narrowing of the spine. Sciatica can lead to pain, inflammation, and numbness. Often, patients suffering from sciatic nerve pain turn to a chiropractor to relieve their pain and heal their injury.
What Causes Sciatica and What are the Risk Factors?
You may experience sciatica when the sciatic nerve is pinched due to herniated disks or bone spurs. On rare occasions, it can be caused by a tumor on the spine and even diabetes. If your sciatic nerve pain has lasted for more than a couple of days, seek medical attention. There are ae many factors that can contribute to sciatica. Here are some of the possible causes:
- Age: Age can cause changes in a formerly healthy spine. As we age, we may develop problems with our disks, and bone spurs can occur.
- Overweight: Extra weight places excess stress on your spine that can lead to sciatic nerve pain.
- Jobs: Many occupations require you to twist your back, drive for long periods, or carry heavy items, all putting stress on the spine.
- Prolonged sitting in the same position: Drivers, those that sit at a desk or have sedentary lives are more prone to developing sciatica.
- Diabetes: Diabetes changes the way your body uses blood sugar, which can lead to nerve damage.
Sciatica Relief from Our Santa Cruz Chiropractor
Throughout his career, Dr. Falkenroth has specialized in providing chiropractic care developed to relieve back pain and pain associated with sciatica. He has experience treating pinched nerve incidences early, which prevents muscles, joints, and other organs from degenerating. For more information on how we treat sciatic nerve pain or to schedule an appointment, call Back Pain and Sciatica Clinic at (831) 475-8600. You may also request an appointment online.